Quote for the Day

I understand why you would be irritated at people wanting to see [Octavia Butler] as only representing one thing. I agree with you that that would be just wrong-headed. I can see from the ways in which people have been responding to the news of Octavia's passing that her work and life touched all kinds of people. That's a glorious thing. But I cannot forget the power gradient. So I also want to remember her for the particular ways that her work and life is precious to particular people and groups of people.

--Nalo Hopkinson

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders