New SF SIte

The December SF Site has been posted, and includes my review of Mister Boots by Carol Emshwiller, easily one of the best books I've read so far this year*, even though I don't tend to get much from books aimed at the young adult market, and even though I've been disappointed with some of Emshwiller's recent short fiction.

There are lots of other things at the site as well, including Jeff VanderMeer on Philip Roth, Rich Horton on Anna Tambour's first novel, a review of MirrorMask and its accompanying illustrated script, and two reviews of the new Harry Potter movie.

*Lest you think it odd that I say "so far" this year when every newspaper in the world seems to be publishing their "best" lists already, I have to say that I'm a bit behind in 2005 reading, but that I'm catching up as fast as I can, because I have assignments to write an article on best books of the year and another on best short stories, so in the coming weeks will be reading nothing but work from 2005 -- the piles have already stacked themselves in the apartment and are threatening to bury me, but I will persevere, and I will triumph, by gawd, I will!

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders